BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
I`ve always wanted a place where people could get to know me...the real me...my thoughts, my theories, my feelings on life in general. Consider this a place to learn, a place to grow, a place to vent, a place to communicate. This life has been one wild ride...the title says it all...welcome to ``From Protest to Praise``

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a Rush

Its been a long time coming. I stepped on stage today, for the first time, in a long time, and I assure you What a Rush. I have played many gigs in the past, for other worship teams, however this one was different. Practice was tight, rich, and so God filled, I had a hard time not to break into Animal ( Muppets LOL)
It is as though, I had not lost my edge. Now having said that, the first set was not at all there. I missed a few rolls and fills, however, the others didn`t seem to catch my mistakes.

Inbetween sets, I sat with Michele, with such a perplexed thought. What Just Happened, She held my hand, and told me You Were Amazing, Thank You, she said. Within that second, I melted. See, I critized my talent, my ability, my professionalism and Michele had boosted my faith with a few simple words. I bowed my head and gave thanks to my Lord for such an angel.

As the second set was about to begin, I felt this Rush within my Soul. I have felt this feeling many times in the past, however not like this. It is as though, I belonged with this band. I looked over at Michele, and my heart melted. Any and all fears were lifted, in a heart beat.

I looked over the congregation, and I saw many friends from the program (AA, NA) in utter shock, see many had no clue, I was a muscian. I slammed the skins, and lit up the church, as I have done before, and never lost my edge. God, my Father, I thank you for the gifts you have blessed me with, and I shall always, look, seek, and listen to your tunes. Once again, Thank You.

I leave you with this, Lynard Skynard Classic.

1 comments:

Michele said...

You were brilliant! NEVER doubt your ability! God has blessed you with such an amazing gift and I feel so priviledged to have seen that gift in action!

Here's to many more days like that one...up on stage, playing and singing our hearts out for Jesus, who has always kept our hearts in the palm of His hand... Hallelujah!

xox