BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
I`ve always wanted a place where people could get to know me...the real me...my thoughts, my theories, my feelings on life in general. Consider this a place to learn, a place to grow, a place to vent, a place to communicate. This life has been one wild ride...the title says it all...welcome to ``From Protest to Praise``

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Its been a long time, and so much to share. The good the bad and the ugly, where do I start. Well Calla came down to live with me, after 13yrs, and I tell you, it's been a journey. God blessed me with a new place to live, directly across the street from my work. Christmas was the best ever, the pixie would leave a gift at my door every evening for 12 days, and that's where the blessing of all blessings started.

 I filed for sole custody, and after a 6month headache, I WON. The maintenance order was abolished, and I started a new career as an apprentice welder.

One afternoon my pastor called me and asked to meet. God told my pastor to give me his 05 GMC Jimmy. I was in total disbelief. I vowed to my pastor that I would always give thanks to God every time I climbed in. See I was on foot for almost a year, before receiving this blessing. That Jimmy allowed me to have something to trade in to a dealership so that I could purchase a vehicle large enough to fit the entire family.  There's no way I could have done this without the precious gift my pastor and his wife gave me.

 My pastor and his wife resigned after 30yrs, and there was such a viod within our church, however we're coping. My job at times can be stressful, but I think we all go through that, never the less, I LOVE IT. GOD moves fast in my life, and I still trust in Him to get me through the next hurdle. The devil has tried a few times this year to bring to my knees, however, I've been taught to get into prayer and stay there when times get rough. I'm still very active in worship, and still on 2 teams, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Worship grounds me.

 My girlfriend is still at my side, the kids are growing up too fast, and summer is on its way. Well friends, its been a wild ride, and it keeps getting better. Oh yeah, I'm in my 3rd year of recovery from drugs and alcohol, and it's all GOD'S doing.

0 comments: